Enrolment is the process that all students go through to register onto a course. Following enrolment, you will officially become a student of City and Islington College. During Enrolment, you will have an interview and/or assessment with teaching staff to make sure that the course you have chosen is right for you. During this process, we will also check your exam certificates and discuss which course is suitable for you. At the end of the enrolment process, you will be given your ID badge and information about your induction.
Please note that for our music and performing arts courses, auditions are part of the selection process and staff will provide audition dates at these sessions; for Art-related courses, you will be asked to provide a portfolio.
If you already have an offer, you should receive your enrolment pack, which will provide detailed information and your enrolment date and time - this usually happens about a month before your course starts.
If you haven't received your pack, can't find it or have missed your appointment, contact the Admissions Team on 020 7700 9200 or email email@example.com
If you haven't applied to study with us and would like to enrol, come along to one of our Open Enrolment sessions.
Places on our courses fill up fast and are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis, so book the dates in your diary and come along as soon as you can!
CENTRE FOR APPLIED SCIENCES
For Medical & Health Sciences, Animal Care, Engineering, Forensics, Sports Science, General Science and courses for Opticians
- Tuesday 27 August - Friday 30 August 2019 (excluding weekends and public holidays) - 9:30am - 6:30pm every day except Fridays 9:30am - 4:00pm
- Monday 2 September - Friday 6 September 2019 (excluding weekends and public holidays) - 9:30am - 6:00pm every day except Fridays 9:30am - 3:00pm
CENTRE FOR BUSINESS, ARTS AND TECHNOLOGY
For courses in Art and Design, Business, Dance, Music & Performing Arts, Fashion, ICT, Media, Supported Learning (school leavers) and ESOL
- Thursday 22 August - Friday 6 September 2019 (excluding weekends and public holidays) - 9:30am - 6:00pm every day except Fridays 9:30am - 3:00pm
CENTRE FOR HEALTH, SOCIAL AND CHILD CARE
For courses in Child Care, Early Years, Health & Social Care, Public Services and Counselling
- Thursday 22 August - 9:30am - 6:30pm
- Friday 23 August - Friday 6 September 2019 (excluding weekends and public holidays) - 9:30am - 6:30pm every day except Fridays 9:30am - 3:00pm
CENTRE FOR LIFELONG LEARNING
For courses in Access to Higher Education (Business, Humanities, Law, Social Sciences, Media and IT), Bookkeeping and Accountancy, ESOL, EFL, Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy, English and Maths, IT, Supported Learning and Teacher Training
- Friday 23 August - Friday 6 September 2019 (excluding weekends and public holidays)
- 9:30am - 6:30pm every day except Fridays (9:30am - 3:00pm)
SIXTH FORM COLLEGE
If you are interested in starting A Levels at the Sixth Form College in September 2019, please complete an application online by 16 August 2019. If we have places on your chosen A Level courses, we will contact you to invite you to enrolment at the end of August 2019.
What to bring...
We need to see current ID along with proof that you have been resident in the UK/EU for the last 3 years. Please choose from one of the below:
- UK/EEA passport or EU ID Card and proof of 3 years’ residency in the UK/EU
- Full UK Birth Certificate (with parent’s name/s listed) and a form of photo ID and proof of 3 years’ residency in the UK/EU
- UK Certification of Naturalisation or UK Certificate of Registration and a form of photo ID and proof of 3 years’ residency in the UK/EU
- Travel Document and Biometric Residence Card/Immigration Status Document and proof of 3 years’ residency in the UK/EU
- Valid UK Visa/Entry Clearance and Supporting Evidence*
- EEA Family Residence Card or Family Member of a Settled Person and Passport/Certificate of the EEA Family Member/Settled Person and evidence of their relationship to you*
- Biometric residence permit and Supporting Evidence*
- Residence Permit Vignette/Passport Stamp and Supporting Evidence*
- Immigration Status Document and Supporting Evidence*
- ARC Card and evidence of NASS support received (if you are aged 16-18, we will also need to see a current letter from your Social Worker)
- Current Home Office letter (indicating your status) and a form of photo ID
- Marriage Certificate, if you are in the UK/EEA on a spousal visa and your spouse’s pasport and evidence that they have been resident in the UK/EEA for at least 3 years*
If your status in the UK is any of the following you need to be able to demonstrate 3 years’ residency in the UK:
- Leave to Enter
- Leave to Remain
- Limited Leave to Remain
We may not be able to enrol you until we are satisfied with your residency evidence, so we may ask you to return on another date with further documents. If you are enrolling onto a Higher Education course, please bring your Passport to enrolment.
*Supporting Evidence – if your leave is dependent on another person, you need to bring all your residency documents and the relevant person’s passport/valid visa, and evidence of their relationship to you, e.g. a full birth certificate or adoption certificate, marriage certificate and evidence of 3 years’ residency in the UK
Please also bring:
- Your National Insurance Number, if you have one
- All original certificates for your exams/qualifications taken to date, where possible
- If you are aged 16-18, please bring a reference from your previous school/college
If you are aged 19+ and any of the below apply, please bring evidence with you to assist us in assessing your course fees.
- You receive Job Seekers Allowance (JSA), including National Insurance credits only
- You receive Employment Support Allowance – Work Related Activity Group (ESA) (WRAG)
- You receive Employment support allowance (ESA) (Not PIP)
- You are employed and earning less than £20,572.50 annual gross salary
- You receive Income Support – please see further conditions below*
- You receive Universal Credit – please see further conditions below*
*If you are in receipt of Income Support or Universal Credit and earn either less than 16 times the appropriate age-related rate of the national minimum wage/London living wage a week, or £338 a month (individual claims) or £541 a month (household claims) and you wish to be employed – or progress – into more sustainable employment, if you are earning less than amounts stated above – and your course is directly relevant to your employment prospects/local labour market needs
Please bring any of the following as evidence of your benefits:
- A letter dated within 3 months of the start date of your course from the Benefits Agency confirming you are in receipt of one of the following benefits: – Job Seekers Allowance, Employment Support Allowance, Income Support or Universal Credit
- The current month’s bank statement showing the payment of the benefit into your bank along with the original letter from the Benefits Agency confirming that you are in receipt of the benefit.
Your proof of benefit must be in your name; your bank statement must have your National Insurance Number against your benefit payment from DWP.
For confirmation of your income, please bring:
- A current employment contact that confirms your gross monthly or annual wages, if you have recently started a new job
- Recent payslips dated within 3 months of your course start date; if you are paid monthly your last 3 months’ salary slips, or if you are paid weekly, your last 6 weeks’ salary slips
This information should also show your National Insurance Number.
Advanced Learner Loans/Higher Education Loan
If you have applied for an Advanced Learner Loan/HE Loan to pay your tuition fees, please bring evidence of this to your enrolment session. If your application to the Student Loan Company or Student Finance England has not yet been finalised you will need to show evidence that an application has been made.
If an employer/sponsor is paying some/all of your course fees please bring a letter of ‘confirmation of payment’ on company headed paper, confirming the amount that will be paid by the organisation, your name and the person/address to be invoiced. Please note that you will not be able to enrol without this letter.
If you are paying course fees, please bring payment with you to enrolment; we accept payment by cash, cheque and debit/credit card.