You will learn how to create engaging motion graphics. You will learn how to use the basic tools and processes of the professional motion graphics software Adobe After Effects cc to creatively combine and animate text, graphics and video.
- The uses of motion design in info graphics, advertising and titles
- Creating projects and compositions in After Effects CC
- importing images and footage
- Applying and animating transformations of images in 2D and 3D
- Animating text
- Creating and animating masks on footage
- Applying effects to footage, text and graphics
- exporting your project as a movie using the appropriate format and codec.
You will be provided with access to Adobe® Creative Cloud software.
You should be able to follow simple written and verbal instructions, demonstrations, hand-outs and health and safety information, and will be invited to take part in group discussion. You should be able to use numbers and be able to do simple measurements and calculations.
You should be a confident and competent computer users on a Mac or Windows PC and be proficient with a mouse and keyboard in either a creative software, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint or equivalent and should be able to download, upload, save, open and retrieve files. Some awareness of design for print or any other art/design practice would be useful.
You will need to be eligible to study in the UK. Upon enrolment, you will be asked to upload residency and income documents for college funding purposes.
Sign up for our intermediate class.