Payroll IAB Level 2 Certificate
About the course
The Level 2 Certificate in Payroll qualification aims to provide learners with a comprehensive range of knowledge and the practical skills that they will be able to use as a payroll processor for a variety of businesses.
On successful completion of the qualification the learner will learn
• Accurately process the payroll under Real Time Information (RTI) regulations
• Keep accurate payroll records keeping; giving the learner the necessary skills to record financial payroll transactions in a both a manual and computerised environment
• Assess their own competence in carrying out a range of day-to-day payroll routines and activities in both manual and computerised payroll system.
• Assess the implications when accuracy is not maintained
• Understand the importance of security and confidentiality in performing all payroll
Good standard of English and Maths at least to Level 2 or a grade C/4 or above
Principles of computerised payroll legislation and processing• Understand data protection and data security legislation in relation to payroll
• Understand the general principles of legislation relating to processing the payroll
• Understand the information required to prepare an employee payroll record
• Understand what constitutes gross pay for different payroll periods
• Understand the principles of PAYE and NIC legislation and operation using commercially available computerised payroll software
• Understand the requirements for processing and submitting payroll information using commercially available payroll software
• Understand the procedures to adopt when dealing with a leaver
• Understand the Statutory additions and deductions from pay that can be made using commercially available payroll software
• Understand the need to complete period end payroll reports within a given timescale
Computerised Payroll Processing
• Be able to set up and maintain company, pension and employee records using commercially available payroll software
• Be able to process payroll accurately for a variety of pay periods using organisational procedures and timescales
• Be able to produce statutory and non-statutory reports
• Be able to back up and restore data when required
To gain the IAB Level 2 Certificate in Payroll learners will be required to complete the following assessments:
- Fundamentals of employment legislation and payroll processing
- Determining Gross Pay
- Processing the payroll
- Computerised Payroll Processing
Learners who are considering a career as a self-employed practitioner will find the course invaluable, as will businesses owners who would like to be actively involved in the gathering and processing of payroll data and keeping of payroll records for their business.
Further Information 1
If you require any further information please visit our awarding body website:
Most of our Entry Level, Level 1 and Level 2 courses are FREE to those aged 19+. Please enquire for further information.