Education and Training - Level 3 Award
About the course
This course is an initial teacher training qualification that will give an insight into the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training, how to plan and deliver inclusive teaching sessions and how to assess and give constructive feedback. It is for candidates who work, or want to work as teachers/trainers in the further education and skill sector. It is also for those who are not in a teaching role, or who have just started a teaching role, or for those who want a short qualification to enable them to make career choices.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, but candidates must be considering a subject for delivery and be aiming to achieve/or have achieved a qualification and/or experience in their subject/skill at the appropriate level.
- In addition, the nature of both the learning and assessment required for the qualification is such that candidates should have the ability to manage the requirements of the level of the qualification they are taking, read and interpret written tasks, and write answers in a legible and understandable form.
- Candidates will also need to be able to organise written information clearly and coherently.
- Acceptance onto the course depends on interview.
The qualification covers the knowledge and skills required by teachers in the further education and skills sector, such as:
- the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- inclusive teaching and learning approaches
- assessment of learners
- facilitating learning and development for individuals
- facilitating learning and development in groups
- understanding principles and practices of assessment.
There are three units that are divided into sections and assessed by means of assignments, one of which is a 20 minute micro-teaching session.
On successful completion of this course, this qualification may allow you to progress into teaching/training roles in a wide range of organisations in the further education and skills sector.
My teacher was very inspirational and supportive
Studied: Access to Higher Education Diploma in Teaching
Now working as a teacher after graduating with a 2:1 from her PGCE at St Mary's University.
"Returning to education was difficult but the rewards I have got as a result are fantastic. I am passionate about teaching and my tutor really helped me through the course."
If you are aged 19+ and looking to study a Level 3 or above course, you may be eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan to cover your course fees.