Centre for Lifelong Learning
The Centre for Lifelong Learning is an award-winning building in Finsbury Park, Islington. Each year we welcome students of all ages from all over the world and the Centre is outstanding in its support of equality and diversity.
What We Offer
The Centre specialises in adult learning, English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) for adults and 16-18 year olds, Literacy and Numeracy, IT and Teacher Training.
We believe that continued adult learning is so important to our economy and our communities. It provides the training and learning to get adults back into employment; it helps develop and sustain our communities and also provides a lot of fun and enjoyment to countless individuals.
The Centre also offers a range of Access to Higher Education courses for adult students who do not have A Levels but who want the chance to go to university. Some students have progressed to Cambridge University after taking one of these courses.
The Centre is also home to our Accounting Academy, which offers a range of courses in accountancy and bookkeeping. Find out more about our courses and careers in accounting here.
Read Hosanna Makanda's story to see the bold ambitions that can be achieved after studying at this centre.
How to find us
Underground: Finsbury Park (Piccadilly and Victoria Lines)
Buses: 4, 19, 29, 106, 153, 210, 236, 253, 254, 259, 279, W3, W7
Access: On-site disabled car park and disabled access to all floors.
- Learning centre
- Flex-IT Learning Zone
- Direct access to Islington's N4 public library
- Hair, beauty and complementary therapy salons
- Advice and guidance offices
- Kitchens for catering courses
- A nursery for students' children
- A canteen leading to a terrace and gardens (open Monday to Saturday).
- The Centre enrols over 3,500 students every year
- Last year 107 students progressed to higher education and many more progress to vocational courses within the College.
- 343 progressed to university from the Centre in the past three years
- 99% of students told us in a recent survey that they feel safe at the centre
- 95% of students say individual tutorials are helpful.
See more key facts about the College.
We believe in a work-life balance for our students and provide opportunities for you to take part in a range of extra-curricular activities, trips and visits to make time at the College productive, enjoyable and fun.