Our governing body
- Capital City College Group is the trading name of the WKCIC Group, an independent Corporation with exempt charity status formed under the Further and Higher Education Act 1992. The Group was formed on 1st August 2016 through the merger of Westminster Kingsway and City and Islington Colleges. Capital City College Training was launched on 23rd February 2017, encompassing the group's apprenticeship and employer engagement provisions. The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London joined the Group on 1 November 2017. The WKCIC Board is our governing body.
- The WKCIC Group trades as Capital City College Group.
- The Instrument and Articles (I&A) of Government set down the powers, membership, roles and responsibilities of Corporations in further education (FE) colleges.
- The Board is accountable for the use of public funds and has a duty of care for the assets of the colleges and the role of its members is similar to that of non-executive directors or trustees. This body is advised by a clerk who is employed directly by the Corporation and who has access to independent professional advice.
- The Board meets five times a year. Its size and composition is drawn from businesses, the community, local authority, students and staff.
Capital City College Group
All of the WKCIC Group governing body information can be found on the Capital City College Group website.