Courses for adults starting in January and February 2019
Make 2019 Your Year with a FREE Course
Start the New Year with a bang and enrol on a course with us - many of our Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 courses are now FREE! Whether you're just starting in your career, looking to brush up your skills or striving to step up the career ladder, City and Islington College has the right course for you.
ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages)
Accounting and Bookkeeping
- AAT Accounting and Payroll Introduction - Level 1 Award - FREE!
- AAT Accounting - Business Skills - Level 1 Award - FREE!
- AAT Accounting for ESOL Learners – Building Skills - Level 1 Award - FREE!
- AAT Accounting and Payroll Introduction - Bookkeeping - Level 1 Award - FREE!
- AAT Accounting - Level 2 Foundation Certficiate - FREE!
- Accounting Software - Level 1 Award - FREE!
- IAB Computerised Payroll - Level 2 Certificate - FREE!
ICT and Web Design
Preparation for Access to Higher Education
Counselling, Health and Social Care and Child Care
- Counselling Skills - CPCAB - Level 2 Certificate
- Counselling Introduction - CPCAB - Level 2 Certificate - FREE!
- Counselling Studies - CPCAB - Level 3 Certificate
- Health and Social Care - Level 2 Certificate - FREE!
- Introduction to Early Years Education and Care (QCF) - CACHE Level 2 Certificate - FREE!
- Introduction to an Early Years Setting - Level 1 CACHE - FREE!
Hair and Beauty
- Beauty Therapy - Level 2 NVQ (Intensive 10 Week Course) - FREE
- Hairdressing - Level 2 NVQ (Intensive 12 Week Course) - FREE
- Cosmetic Make-Up - Level 2 Certificate - FREE
- Nail Art - Level 2 Award - FREE
- Plaiting and Twisting Hair - Level 2 Award - FREE
- Skin Tanning Techniques - Level 2 Award - FREE
- Threading Depilation - Level 2 Award - FREE
- Beauty Therapy - Level 3 Diploma (Intensive 12 Week Course)
- Microblading - Level 4 Certificate
- Micropigmentation - Level 4 Certificate
Business and Professional Services
English as a Foreign Language
- English as a Foreign Language - Academic
- English as a Foreign Language - First Certificate in English
- English as a Foreign Language – Cambridge Advance English
- English as a Foreign Language - Certificate of Proficiency in English
English and Maths
Help to pay for your course!
Entry Level, Level 1 and Level 2 Courses
Most of our Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 courses are now FREE to adults aged 19 and older, regardless of your age or income.
Level 3+ Courses
If you are aged 19 or over and want to study an Access to Higher Education Diploma, a Level 3 - 6 Certificate or Diploma, there is help available to fund your course.
Advanced Learner Loans:
- are easy to apply for
- have low rate of interest
- don’t take your household income into account
- don’t involve a credit check
We provide childcare facilities while you learn…
The Care to Learn scheme can help with childcare costs while you study.
What you get: You may receive up to £175 a week (deposits paid and holiday retainers).
What you need: You need to be a parent aged under 20. You can claim this benefit as long as the other parent is not available to provide childcare (e.g. if they are working) and they are not claiming Childcare Tax Credit. For more information please click here.
Adult courses explained
It is never too late to return to education.Take a look at the different options available to you to help you achieve your ambition.
Financial support for adults (aged 19+)
Are you aged 19+? Find out about fees and funding to help you during your adult learning.
Apply now - adult courses
From entry level to higher education we have the right course for you. See our adult courses.
Courses For Adults Guide
Download the Courses For Adults Guide 2018-19, view the interactive guide online or order your copy
Centre for Lifelong Learning
On the doorstep of Finsbury Park this Centre specialises in adult education, English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Literacy and Numeracy, IT and Teacher Training.
What is it like studying Access to Higher Education?
Want to know what it is like studying Access to Higher Education? Read Bernadette's story
Advanced Learner Loans
If you are aged 19+ there is help available to fund your course. Take a look here.