This course is for anyone who wants to pursue a career as a Dispensing Optician.
The course covers the following main subject areas: Theory as General Optics, Theory of Ophthalmic Lenses, Theory and Practice of Ophthalmic Dispensing, Professional Conduct and Communications, The Assessment and Management of Refractive Errors, Low Vision, and Basic Principles of Contact Lens Wear.
On successful completion of the course and the final qualifying exams of the Association of British Dispensing Opticians, you may register with the General Optical Council and practice as a Dispensing Optician. Students finishing the course with exceptional marks may apply to study Optometry at University.
Future careers can include:
- Ophthalmic Dispensing Assistant
- Optical Lab Technician
- Digital Photography Introduction
- Intermediate Web Design with Adobe Dreamweaver & Photoshop
- AAT Accounting and Payroll Introduction: Access Award in Using Accounting Software- Level 1
- AAT Accounting and Payroll Introduction: Award in Bookkeeping- Level 1
- AAT Accounting for ESOL Learners- Level 1 Access Award in Business Skills
- Accounting & Finance – Professional Services – Level 2 Study Programme
- AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting- Level 2
- AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping – Level 2
- Accounting & Finance – Professional Services – Level 3 Study Programme
- AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting- Level 3
- CIPD Diploma in Human Resources Practice- Level 3 (QCF)
- Leadership and Management ILM Level 3 Award
- AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting- Level 4
- CIPD Intermediate Diploma in Human Resource Management- Level 5