Interested in science? These courses will set you on the path to further study and employment in sectors such as health, forensics and biosciences.
Our courses provide a thorough grounding in the practical and theoretical aspects of science, as well as applying what you learn to the different industries and sectors of employment.
Putting what you learn into context, you’ll investigate the practical uses and implications of science relevant to the different fields. As well as taking part in industry visits, you’ll also gain laboratory experience and will undertake practical assignments and supported self-study. You will take part in presentations and discussions based on real workplace situations, activities and demands.
Our courses lead to careers...
Our Applied Science courses offer a route to a wide range of advanced degrees, particularly in the medical field. You will study the history of science and the theory of science, with special reference to medicine and medical research. Modules include: Medical Physics; Disease and Infection; Biomedical Science; Genetics; Physiology; Microbiology and more. You will also visit laboratories and places of scientific interest.
Future careers can include:
• Chemical Scientist
• Laboratory Technician
• Research Manager
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering and Biomedical Engineering- Foundation
- Electronics A Level
- Ophthalmic Dispensing- Level 5 Diploma- Part-Time
- Applied Science and Technology- Level 2 Extended Certificate (Gateway)
- Sport and Active Leisure Skills- Level 2 Diploma (Gateway)
- Applied Science (Medical Science)- Level 3 Extended Diploma (BTEC)
- Applied Science- Level 3 Extended Diploma (BTEC)
- Forensic Science- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
- Health and Social Care (Health Sciences)- Level 3 Extended Diploma
- Medicine & Medical Bio Sciences- Access to Higher Education Diploma
- Sports Science- Level 3 Extended Diploma (BTEC)
- Ophthalmic Dispensing- Level 5 Diploma