Higher Education financial support

Higher Education Financial Support

Our higher education courses have lower fees than many universities, starting from £6,000 per year. With small class sizes ensuring you have quality contact time with lecturers this means you get excellent value for money.

What help is available?

For higher education courses, the Government can help with costs. Government loans are available from Student Finance England to cover your tuition fees and help towards your living costs.

To be eligible for funding from Student Finance England, you must be studying on an eligible course at a provider registered with the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS is the new independent regulator for higher education in England and all higher education providers need to register with the OfS for their students to be eligible for student support in the 2019-20 academic year. The OfS will start publishing providers on its Register from July 2018. We have made an application to register and expect a decision by July/September 2018. No provider will be able to confirm whether student support is available until it has a decision from the OfS. Visit the Office for Students for more information.

  • Tuition fee loan: Helps to cover the cost of your course fees. How much you can get doesn’t depend on your household income.
  • Maintenance loan: Helps pay for your living costs while you’re studying. Most of the maintenance loan doesn’t depend on your household income but you can apply for more that does.
  • Disabled students’ allowances: If you have a disability, including a long-term health condition, mental-health condition or specific learning difficulty, including dyslexia or dyspraxia, you might be able to get extra help.
  • Dependants’ grants: If you have a child or an adult who depends on you financially, you can get help with the extra costs you might have.

For students applying for funding to start and continue Higher Education courses for 2018/19, please apply to the ‘WKCIC Group’ in online and paper-based applications to the Student Loans Company. If you have any questions please email us at studentloanqueries@capitalccg.ac.uk


You pay back tuition fee loans and maintenance loans, including interest. You only make repayments when your income is over £25,000 a year.

You do not have to pay back grants and scholarships.

>> Find out more about student loan repayments.

More information

>> Find out how much you could get

Extra help for vulnerable students

Extra help may also be available if you are on a low income, have children or dependent adults, or are disabled.

>> Find out about hardship funds