How to enrol

How to enrol

If you've already applied for a course

Once you've applied to study with us and have been successful with an offer of a place, you'll receive a letter telling you when and where to come to enrol. This usually happens two months before the start of your course.

If you haven't received your letter, can't find it or have missed your appointment, contact the Course Information Team on 020 7700 9200 or email

If you haven't applied for a course

For most of our courses starting in September, you'll need to enrol in August or September. Use our course search to find out more and register your interest in the course you want to study. You can then attend one of our Open Enrolment sessions. If you are interested in studying A Levels, you'll need to complete the application form and be interviewed before you can enrol.

Open Enrolment Sessions

When: See dates and times for upcoming open enrolment sessions here

Where: At the Centre where your chosen course is run 

What course: Find out what courses we offer and where they're run.

What to bring with you: Don't forget to bring everything you need - see the section below.

Enrolment sessions also take place in December and January for courses starting in the New Year (dates will be announced).

Enrolment sessions do not apply to full time Higher Education courses, ESOL, English and Maths courses for adults or International students.

For some courses you'll be able to enrol online. You'll see an 'Enrol now' button next to the course, just click and follow the instructions.

What you need to bring with you for enrolment

All applicants need to bring a current:

  • UK/EEA passport of EU ID Card
  • Full UK Birth Certificate and also your parent’s birth certificates (unless you were born before 1983)
  • UK Certification of Naturalisation/Registration
  • Travel Document
  • Valid UK Visa/Entry Clearance
  • Residence permit
  • Immigration Status Document
  • ARC Card and Home Office letter with date asylum was applied for & evidence of support received
  • Home Office letter
  • Marriage Certificate and spouse’s passport as well as your passport/visa docs (if you are in

the UK on a Spouse visa) in this circumstance you will be required to provide 3 documents.
Or any other relevant documents as proof of current Residency status

If you are aged 16-18 please bring:

Original certificates for all of your exams/qualifications taken to date (including those graded as U)

See our Apply and Enrol FAQs for more information.

For Higher Education courses

If you've accepted your offer to study with us, you'll be sent a letter telling you when and where to come to enrol.

If you haven't received your letter, can't find it or have missed your appointment, contact the Course Information Team on 020 7700 9200 or email

Missed the UCAS application deadline?

Don't have any offers? Don't worry, you could still get a place with us through Clearing. 

For ESOL, and English and Maths courses for adults

For ESOL courses, you'll need to bring your passport with you to book your assessment.

Open Enrolment from Friday 24 August
Finsbury Park Centre - for all courses including ESOL

Centre for Lifelong Learning, 28-42 Blackstock Road, Finsbury Park, N4 2DG - how to find us

  • Monday to Thursday 9am-7pm
  • Friday 9am-3pm

Camden Road Centre - for ESOL courses only

Centre for Business, Arts and Technology, 444 Camden Road, N7 0SP - how to find us

From 24th August 24th 2018, you can visit between the opening times found here.

From 10th September 2018, you can make an appointment for an assessment by visiting us between these times:

  • Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8.30am-4.45pm
  • Wednesday and Friday 8.30am-3.30pm 

For International students

If you're a national of a country outside the UK/EU/EEA you'll probably be considered an international student.

If you've applied to study with us and received an offer of a place, you'll be sent a letter telling you when and where to come to enrol.

If you haven't received your letter, can't find it or have missed your appointment, contact our International Office on 020 7700 9252 or email us at

What you need to bring if you are aged 19 or over

  • Original evidence (no more than 3 months old on the start date of the course) that you are in receipt of State Benefit(s)*
  • Payment for fees where applicable - You may be required to pay exam fees and materials, if applicable, at enrolment
  • If you are assessed to be a full fee payer, you will be required to pay the first instalment of the course fees
  • Your bank details (for Direct Debit instalments) - Sponsorship letter if you are being sponsored by an employer - Confirmation of your application to the Student Loans Company for an Advanced Learning Loan (for Learners aged 19+ enrolling on courses at Levels 3 to 6)

If you are receiving benefits and/or working part time, you may qualify for a fee reduction. If this criteria applies to you please bring evidence of your State Benefit(s)* and your most recent payslips.

*State Benefit(s) such as Job Seekers Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance (Work Related Activity Group), Income Support and Universal Credit.

What happens at enrolment?

You will have an interview and/or assessment with teaching staff to make sure that the course you have chosen is right for you. We will also check your exam certificates and discuss which course is suitable for you. NB: If you have applied for a Performing Arts course (Drama, Music and Dance), we will ask you to take part in an audition. For Art courses, you will be asked to provide a portfolio. At the end of the enrolment process, you will be given a College ID badge and information about your College induction.

What should I do next?

Come along to one of our enrolment sessions and ensure you bring all of your supporting documents with you. Enrolment can take 1–3 hours, so please allow enough time for this. Demand for our courses is high, so come along as early as possible to avoid disappointment.

Open enrolment dates and times

Enrolment dates and times

Enrolment starts this August - find out when and where for each Centre here!

Centre for Health, Social and Child Care library

Our centres

The College has five diverse centres in North London that make up one College. Find out what makes them unique.

Financial support

Financial support

Most of our courses are free, and if not we can help you get a government loan. Don't let finances stop you learning.