The duration and delivery of the course is flexible and will be discussed between you and your tutor with a timetable that fits around you
About the Course
This course will help you gain an understanding of risk factors which may affect the mental wellbeing of children and young people. Mental Health problems affect around 1 in 10 children and young people. These issues include depression, anxiety and conduct disorder and can often be a direct response to occurrences in their lives. Emotional wellbeing is just as important as a child's mental health; therefore, it is important for those working with children and young people to have a good understanding of the concepts, risk factors and impact of mental health.
What Will I Study?
Topics covered can include:
- Understand Children and Young People's Mental Health in Context
- Understand Factors which may Affect Children and Young People's Mental Health
- Understand Children and Young People's Mental Health Concerns
- Understand the Impact of Children and Young People's Mental Health Concerns
- Understand how to Support Children and Young People with Mental Health Concerns
What Can I Do After?
Upon successful completion of the course you will achieve a nationally-recognised qualification, which can help you progress into further study in this area.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.