Want to work as a Hair and Make-up Technician for film, TV or theatre?
Get an introduction into the specialist skills required to work in this sector. You will work with a professional hair and make-up designer to gain the introductory skills and knowledge required for television, film and theatre productions. You will leave with an impressive photographic portfolio of work to start your journey into work.
You will learn:
- the role of the Hair and Make-up Technician in the creative industries
- the basic craft of cutting, colouring, wigs, extensions and corrective make-up
- styling and creating the director's/talent's vision
- communication and organisation for broadcasting and sets
- health and safety
- create an online portfolio (working with a photographer)
- job search, applications and freelance opportunities
- preparation for work, employment and freelancing
This course is part of our 'Routes Into the Creative Industries' and will support you with finding work in this sector. It will provide a clear route for your next steps into an exciting career.
An interest in the topic of hair and make-up with a view to working in the creative screen industries.
All materials and resources will be provided.
You will need to be eligible to study in the UK. Upon enrolment, you will be asked to upload residency and income documents for college funding purposes.
Move on to an intermmediate course or get support into work as a Make-up and Hair Trainee for film, TV or theatre