To enrol at CANDI, we will need to see certain documents to ensure you are able to study with us, such as residency and income documents.
We will need to see evidence of your residency status in the UK.
If you fall into one of the categories below, you need to have resided in the UK for at least 3 years prior to the start date of your course to be able to study with us as a ‘home student’. We will need to see your passport, biometric card or visa.
• British Citizen
• EU/EEA Citizen
• A visa indicating that you are the husband, wife, civil partner and child of any of the above. Your family member must provide evidence of having lived in the UK/EU/EEA for the last 3 years
• Stateless and have lived in the UK for 3 years
• Limited leave to remain and have lived in the UK for 3 years.
• Child of a Turkish Worker, your family member must provide evidence of having lived and worked in the UK/EU/EEA for the last 3 years
If you have one of the following residency statuses, you do not need to have lived in the UK for 3 years or longer. We will need to see your biometric card or Home Office documents.
• Leave to Enter or Remain – Discretionary
• Leave to Enter or Remain
• Humanitarian protection
• Leave outside the rules
• Refugee discretionary
• Indefinite Leave to Enter or Remain
• Section 67 of the Immigration Act 2016 Leave
If you are an Asylum Seeker and in receipt of NASS and aged:
• 16-18, or a vulnerable young adult and have just arrived in the UK, we need to see your ARC along with a letter indicating that you are in the care of Social Services
• 19 or older, you must have lived in the UK for 6 months or longer. If you have been in the UK for more than 1 year, we will ask to see evidence that you are working with the Home Office towards permanent residency
If you have a Tier 2 Visa we will need to see evidence that you have a licenced sponsor and a contract of work.
If you have a Tier 5 Temporary Worker Visa, we will need to see evidence that you are coming to the UK through an approved government-authorised exchange scheme. This visa allows the worker to do work experience, training, academic research or a fellowship, and to take part in an Overseas Government Language Programme.
If you have a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme (YMS) visa please find the eligibility criteria here.
You will have to pay ‘overseas’ fees to enrol with us with a Tier 2 or Tier 5 visa. Unfortunately, you will not be eligible for any fee remissions.
Please note: we are unable to sponsor students for a Tier 4 visa for 2020/21.
If you are aged 16-18 and are the Child of a Diplomat, we will need to see your visa and your parent’s visa and proof of employment as a Diplomat. Your visa must cover you for the duration of the course. Once this is established, you may be able to study for free on a Further Education course.
If you are aged 19+ and the child of a Diplomat, please contact our international team to discuss enrolling with us.
If you are aged 19 or older, and have lived in the UK/EU/EEA for 3 years or longer prior to the start date of your course, you can study most of our Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 courses with us for free.
However, we will still need to check proof of income/employment, or evidence of benefits, if you are unemployed.
If you are employed, we will need to see evidence of your gross annual wages. This could be 6 weeks of wage slips, if you are paid weekly, or 3 months of pay slips, if you are paid monthly or a Universal Credit Statement within 3 months of the start date of your course, or a current employment contract, which states your gross monthly/annual wages.
If you are unemployed, we will need to see evidence of your benefit/s no older than 3 months prior to the start date of your course.
If you have applied for an Advanced Learner Loan/Student Finance Loan to pay your tuition fees, we will need to see evidence of this.
If your application to the Student Loan Company or Student Finance England has not yet been finalised you will need to show evidence that an application has been made.
If an employer/sponsor is paying some/all of your course fees please bring a letter of ‘confirmation of payment’ on company headed paper, confirming the amount that will be paid by the organisation, your name and the person/address to be invoiced.
Please note that you will not be able to enrol without this letter.
If you are paying your course fees, you will need to pay at enrolment; we accept payment by debit/credit card.