Music Performance and Production Arts - UAL Level 2 Diploma
About the course
Aged 16-18 with a passion for live performance and music production? This hands-on one-year course will give you the ideal introduction to the skills and techniques required to progress to Level 3 further education, or take your first steps as a live performer, recording artist or producer.
You will need:
- 4 GCSEs Grade 3 or above
- A good reference from a school, employer or sponsor
- To attend an interview and audition prior to full enrolment
- For international students, equivalent overseas qualifications will be considered
Our course has been carefully designed to give you the best experience and opportunities to develop your skills as a musician, and prepare as a professional for the music industry.
This is a diverse course that covers a variety of modules including:
• Live Music Performance
• Composition & Songwriting
• Music Production & Technology
• Job Roles & The Music Industry
• Live Events & Stage Management
• Marketing & Promotion
• Professional Development
You will be assessed through a variety of practical projects that include
• Performing musical styles at internal and external venues
• Producing your own musical ideas and compositions
• Running live music events
• Creating marketing materials such as posters and flyers
• Presenting your ideas
• Working with others and collaboration
• Written coursework
Students who successfully complete the course to Merit or Distinction grade can gain entry to one of the Level 3 qualifications offered at the College.
This course provides a wide variety of transferable skills and experience required to start a career in the performing or production arts industry.
Select your preferred start date
All full-time courses are FREE to UK and EU residents aged 16-18 on 31 August in their first year of study.