It’s really easy to apply online for most courses at City and Islington College – simply follow the step-by-step guide here:
1. Find the course you’d like to study using the online course search and click ‘Apply Now (Add to Basket)’ on the course you’ve chosen – you can add as many courses as you want to apply for by repeating this step
2. When you’ve finished adding, click the shopping basket icon in the top right hand
screen and check which courses are in your basket
3. If you’re happy with your selections, tell us if you’ve already applied to study at CANDI, or our sister college, Westminster Kingsway College
4. Once you’ve answered the question, click the ‘Apply Now’ button. If you’ve already applied to us or Westminster Kingsway College, you will need to login to your account to proceed. If you haven’t, please fill in the details to register with us
5. Follow the registration steps and then progress to complete your application
We will get back to you with further information and interview date. If you cannot attend your interview please call us as soon as possible.
If you are successful at interview you will be offered a place at the college, subject to evidence of your exam results, receipt of a good reference and any other relevant entry criteria.
Once you have received an offer and accepted it, we will invite you in for enrolment. For courses starting in September 2021, enrolment information will be sent out in July/August 2021.
If you’re aged 16-18, please ask your school for a reference – we will ask you to bring this into enrolment.
Not sure what course is for you or what our courses mean?
Find out more about what our courses mean – from vocational courses to A Levels to T Levels and more – here.
When should I complete my application?
We accept applications all year round at CANDI – but the sooner you get your application in, the sooner we can invite you in for an interview. If you apply during the summer before your course starts, we will invite you into enrolment and interview you and enrol you at the same time.
If you are applying for a Higher Education course such as
Apply via UCAS
If you are applying for more than one Higher Education course, or more than one provider (such as multiple universities), you should apply online through UCAS using the button on the course page. To apply through UCAS for 2020 entry, you will be required to pay £13 for one choice and £24 for more than one choice.
If you are applying for just one Higher Education course, or are looking to study part-time, please use our online application system to apply – simply follow the steps in ‘Applying to Study at CANDI’.
We are currently unable to accept applications for Electrical & Electronic Engineering and Biomedical Engineering – Foundation Year (City University London) and the Optometry – Initial Year for Extended Degree in Science (University of Hertfordshire). For these courses, please apply via UCAS.