Subjects at a glance
City and Islington College is first choice for thousands of young people across London who study a range of courses at our five specialist centres. Students achieve excellent academic results across each centre with over 1300 student’s progressing to higher education last year.
Students and their needs are at the heart of everything at the College, and the approach to teaching is open and inclusive – giving every single student the support they need to achieve.
According to marketing intelligence the reputation of the quality of teaching and learning is a key reason why students chose us. Our teachers are dedicated and enthusiastic and have direct industry experience in the specific subject areas they teach and provide individual support to ensure students are successful. The College also offers enrichment opportunities, work experience and mentoring to help students gain key life and employability skills.
Subjects at City and Islington College
We offer a wide range of courses in the following subjects:
- A Levels
- Access to Higher Education
- Animal Care and Veterinary Science
- Applied Science
- Art and Design, Fashion
- Basic Skills (Literacy and Numeracy)
- Beauty and Complementary Therapies
- Child Care
- English (EFL, ESOL)
- Forensic Science
- Health and Social Care
- Health and Medical Science
- Higher Education
- ICT and Web Design
- Learners with Learning Difficulties and Disabilities (LLDD)
- Performing Arts
- Photography, Media and Design
- Professional Services
- Public Services
- Sports Science, Fitness and Personal Training
- Teacher Training & Teaching Assistants
At City and Islington College, student’s experience: centrally located centres that are accessible via transport from anywhere in London, plus modern and exciting places to learn with specialist equipment and facilities.
The College is spread across 5 centres. Each Centre is focused on running particular courses and qualifications and each has its own community of students, teachers and support staff.
- Centre for Applied Sciences
- Centre for Business, Arts and Technology
- Centre for Health, Social and Child Care
- Centre for Lifelong Learning
- Sixth Form College
Each centre has facilities that are designed in line with industry standards in the sectors.
If you would like further information about our courses, please contact our Course Information Team.
Telephone: 020 7700 9200