ABOUT THE COURSE
This course is designed to support career development in HR by providing a foundation to build on and an introduction to the knowledge and capabilities needed by today’s HR professionals.
- Gain an internationally recognised CIPD qualification
- Explore the full range of topics at this level
- Gain associate membership of the CIPD, allowing you to use the designation Assoc. CIPD after your name to showcase your credentials
WHAT WILL I STUDY?
Topics covered can include
- Developing Yourself as an Effective Human Resources or Learning and Development Practitioner
- Understanding Organisations and the Role of Human Resources
- Recording, Analysing and Using Human Resources Information
Ooptional topics can include:
- Resourcing Talent
- Supporting Good Practice in Managing Employment relations
- Supporting Good Practice in Performance and Reward Management
- Contributing to the Process of Job Analysis
- Supporting Change Within Organisations
- Identifying Learning and Development Needs
- Designing Learning and Development Activities
- Delivering Learning and Development Activities
- Evaluating Learning and Development Activities
- Supporting Individual Learning through Coaching and Mentoring
WHAT WILL I NEED?
You will need:
- To be aged 18 or older
- To be fluent in English language (IELTS 5.5 or equivalent is required if English is not your first language)
- Access to a computer and the internet, plus basic computer skills
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
The qualification is granted following professional assessment of coursework and written assignments.
WHAT WILL IT COST?
Entry Level, Level 1, Level 2
If you will be aged 19 or older on 31 August in the year you begin your course, and have been resident in the UK/EU/EEA for the past 3 years, your course may be free. Some courses will have other costs associated, such as for materials and trips. Many of our students are eligible for financial support when studying at college – please click here for more information.
WHAT CAN I DO AFTER?
This course will help you to move on to higher level courses, such as the Human Resource Management - Level 5 Diploma.