How to apply
You can apply online for the majority of courses at City and Islington College. Each type of course has a different application process - please scroll down to see each application process.
Entry Level, Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 Courses
We have a basket system that works like your favourite online shops - simply find the course you want to apply for and add it to your basket.
Follow the steps below to apply for a course at City and Islington College:
- Find your course using the online course search
- Click on 'Add to Basket' next to the course you’ve selected
- You can add as many courses as you want to apply for
- When you've finished adding, click onto 'Your Basket' and select 'Complete Application'
- You'll be taken to our 'Online Applications' portal - if you've not registered with City and Islington College (or Westminster Kingsway College) you will need to click 'Register'
- Follow the registration steps and then progress to complete your application
- We will get back to you with further information and an interview date
If you're aged 16-18, we will ask for a reference from your school - please make sure you get your teacher to do this for you.
If you are interested in starting A Levels at the Sixth Form College in September 2019, please contact the Sixth Form College directly on 020 7520 0601 (Monday to Friday 9.00-4.30).
Higher Education courses - UCAS applications
For full-time Foundation/Initial Year, Foundation Degrees and HND/HNC courses you need to submit your application via UCAS. You'll need the UCAS course code, which is on the relevant course page of our website along with a link to the right UCAS webpage.
Courses awarded by our partner universities are listed on UCAS under the partner university.
If you've any questions about the UCAS application process, take a look at our Higher Education FAQs.
ESOL, English and Maths courses for adults
You may need to take a short test so that we can assess your level and enrol you on the best course for you. Just book an assessment at one of our Centres, or drop in during opening hours (see below).
For ESOL courses, you'll need to bring your passport with you to book your assessment.
Centre for Lifelong Learning - for all courses including ESOL
28-42 Blackstock Road, Finsbury Park, N4 2DG - how to find us
- Monday to Thursday 9am-7pm
- Friday 9am-3pm
Centre for Business, Arts and Technology - for ESOL courses only
444 Camden Road, N7 0SP - how to find us
You can make an appointment for an assessment by visiting us between these times:
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8.30am-5pm
- Wednesday and Friday 8.30am-3.30pm