CANDI Alum Daniel Nikolla Named Top Young Marketing Professional in the Midlands - CCCG
Accessibility & Translation

CANDI Alum Daniel Nikolla Named Top Young Marketing Professional in the Midlands

CANDI alum, Daniel Nikolla, 27, has been named the Future Face of Sales, Marketing and Communications in the Future Faces Awards 2020. The awards, run by Greater Birmingham Chambers of Commerce, recognise the top talent aged 35 and under across the region’s business community.

Daniel, who is Marketing Manager for Hardy Signs in Burton upon Trent, received the award for launching a new marketing strategy focusing on digital transformation and content marketing, which has had a huge impact on sales for the company.

He was announced the winner at an online ceremony, which was beamed from Chamber House in Edgbaston and hosted by Heart West Midlands Drivetime presenter Gemma Hill.

Daniel said: “I am ecstatic and really pleased, and I feel honoured that the work that myself and our team have been doing over the last two years has been recognised. This award means a lot and has motivated me to continue learning and work even harder. It will ultimately boost my career prospects in every aspect.”

Daniel joined Hardy Signs in 2018 as a Marketing Executive and was promoted to his current position of Marketing Manager at the beginning of 2020.

He studied an HND in Creative Media Production at CANDI from 2014 to 2016 and went on to graduate from the University of West London with a BA (Hons) Film Production, before completing a CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing at Nottingham Trent University.

“It was only my second year in the UK when I joined CANDI, and it genuinely felt like home,” said Daniel, who was born in Tirana, Albania and moved to London in 2013.

“The international team, my teachers and the student engagement team, among others, were fantastic. They helped me take all the classes successfully and progress to university. 

“There was a really good blend of theory and practice on the course and the college provided us with plenty of opportunities and activities, to give us hands-on experience in our subject and improve our soft skills. 

“I can talk about my studies at CANDI endlessly, and recommend it to everyone that asks me.”

While at CANDI, Daniel was elected President of the Students’ Union, during which time it was awarded runner-up FE Student Union of the Year at the National Union of Students Awards in 2016.

He was also recognised for his student activism with the National Union of Students. 

Sally Ingrey, Lecturer in Media at CANDI, said: ‘Daniel struck me as energetic and sociable as soon as I met him at his college interview, and I knew that he would make a success of the course. 

“I am still in touch with him and am delighted that he is making a name for himself in marketing and wish him every success in his career.”

Daniel has also been shortlisted in Generation Next – Young Professional of the Year category at the East Midlands Chamber Business Awards 2020. The awards, run by Greater Birmingham Chambers of Commerce, recognise top talent aged 35 and under across the region’s business community.

Share!

Queen's Award for Enterprise