Training and development
At City and Islington College, you will find we are committed to career development whatever role you are in. We are accredited Investors in People and dedicated to making the most of our greatest asset - our people. We give all our staff everything they need to drive their own learning and development and help them get ahead.
From day one, you will attend an induction that will get you up to speed with our ICT, our standards and our settings and you will benefit from a wide range of workshops, external courses and conferences. You are guaranteed that your time here will be filled with opportunities to learn new skills and develop existing ones.
We offer courses that can help you take the step up into management, provide support to study towards professional qualifications and have a Teaching and Learning Unit that makes sure all our academic training meets the requirements of the Institute of Learning.
Your manager and assigned buddy can help you get the most of the opportunities available to you. You can be sure we will dedicate time each year to discuss your development needs with you and provide feedback on your performance.
- Professional Development days for all College staff
- Funding for Teacher Training and Professional or Occupational Qualifications
- Management development initiatives
- A suite of IT courses to support your work and study
- A Teaching and Learning Unit to ensure that all our academic training meets the requirements of the Institute of Learning