Funding for Adult Courses
If you are aged 19 or over and want to study an Access to Higher Education Diploma, a Level 3 -6 Certificate or Diploma, there is help available to fund your course.
The Advanced Learner Loans:
- are easy to apply for
- have low rate of interest
- don’t take your household income into account
- don’t involve a credit check.
Did you know that…
You don’t have to borrow the full cost of your course - you can pay for some of it yourself.
You don’t have to make any repayments until you start earning over £21,000 a year.
If you get a loan to cover tuition fees for an Access to Higher Education Diploma and then complete a Higher Education course, you won’t have to repay the loan for the Access course.
Interested in the Advanced Learner Loan?
Register your interest to receive more information about how to apply and the courses on offer:
To be eligible for the Advanced Learner Loan you need to be:
- aged 19 or over on the first day of your course.
- starting your course on or after 1 August 2016
- enrolling on an eligible Level 3, 4, 5 or 6 qualification, such as an Access to HE Diploma, other Diploma or Certificate, Advanced Apprenticeship or Higher Apprenticeship.
- living in the UK on the first day of your course
- have been living in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man for 3 years before starting your course prior to the start of your course.
You may also be eligible depending on your nationality or residency status. Please visit gov.website for more details.
Applying for a Loan
You can apply for a loan from May 2016 for courses starting between 1 August 2016 and 31 July 2017.
When you have been offered a place at the College for an eligible course, you will receive a letter from the College’s Admission Team with information that you will need to include in your application to the loan company.
Once you have received the letter, you’ll need to register and apply on the Student Finance website.
You can apply by post if you wish and forms can be downloaded from the government website along with more information about how to apply.
More information about the Advanced Learner Loans
Information from the Student Loans Company:
- Information on Gov.uk
- Money Advice Service
- Your nearest Citizen’s Advice Bureau (CAB)
- National Association of Student Money Advisers (NASMA)
Returning to Education
Think it isn't possible? Read how our inspiring students made it happen.
Let your children spend the day at our College nurseries while you're in lessons. Take a look at the childcare facilities we offer here.
Access to HE
Didn't study A Levels but want to go to university? Access courses will help you achieve your ambition.