Facilities and Teaching
Our facilities are state of the art, and our teaching staff highly qualified and experienced. Our £64 million building programme - the largest in the history of UK further education - has enabled us to concentrate on developing new ways of teaching and help students to learn independently. We have the latest in ICT equipment and all of our Centres provide welcoming areas for work or play.
City and Islington College offers a range of resources to support your learning, from libraries and IT equipment to specialised facilities for specific courses. Our teaching staff have specialist knowledge within their areas, including:
- Our student website, MyCandi also offers lots of information and support
- State-of-the-art laboratories, including a sports science lab, a dedicated scene of crime lab and a Centre of Excellence for applied optics
- Hair and beauty salons, which also offer a range of treatments to the public
- Our theatres are well equipped with the latest stage technology and we have an excellent track record in hosting College theatre productions and important public events.
- Fully-equipped studios for ceramics, photography, textiles, computer graphics and multimedia
In May 2010, our Centre for Business, Arts and Technology on Camden Road was the venue where Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg chose to host his first public speech since coming into power.
In March 2011 our Centre for Applied Sciences welcomed HM the Queen, accompanied by His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh, to unveil a plaque announcing that it had recently been accredited by the National Skills Academy Process Industries as a Centre of Excellence for Biotechnology. In 2014 new Forensics and Sport Facilities were built at the centre.
A Level results continue to be outstanding, and in 2014 our students achieved a 98% pass rate. Our Level 3 vocational results continue to rise and exceed national success rates, with an overall success rate 78%.
We take the issue of student safety very seriously and as a result have a stringent set of safety guidelines in place to ensure that all of our Centres are safe and welcoming environments for students to study in.