Information Technology (IT) Application Specialist Apprenticeship
About the framework
This apprenticeship programme is designed for new entrants to roles in which they will be working with IT systems and software. The framework offers a wide range of optional units that the Apprentice can study to match their particular organisational and job role requirements.
Available at Intermediate Level 2 and Advanced Level 3, the framework is suitable for those whose main job role is to use IT applications in support of colleagues or customers in any sector or industry. This can include:
- providing support and assistance to colleagues to make effective use of available IT systems and software
- developing, testing and implementing solutions to improve workplace productivity through the use of IT
- using the advanced features of IT Application Software in the creation and amendment of many types of formatted information including documents, diagrams, spreadsheets and presentations.
- maintaining simple websites, using the internet to find and exchange information and using social media to disseminate information.
While the main role of the Apprentice on this framework is the application of IT this may occur in a range of situations and industry sectors such as:
- Office/Business Administration
- Accounts departments
- Publishing or multimedia
- Sales and Marketing departments
- Education and training
In addition to traditional data entry clerk and VDU operator job titles some more current IT-related job titles are beginning to emerge such as:
- iHub Clerk
- IT/Web Technology Officer
- ICT Technician
- IT Support
- IT Change Assistant
- IT Clerk