Free Courses for Adults
Returning to study but worried about the cost of course fees? You may be eligible to study for FREE, so achieving your dream could be closer than you think!
At City and Islington College we understand how important it is to gain the necessary skills, knowledge and qualifications to further your career or progress on to further education. That's why we're proud to announce, many of our courses are FREE for adults depending on your personal circumstances.
Free courses include:
- English & Maths Functional Skills - FREE to all adults
- English & Maths GCSE - If you do not already have GCSE Grades A* - C (Grade 9 - 4)
- ESOL - If in receipt of a wide range of benefits
If your chosen course is at Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2, you may be entitled to study for FREE*
- Beauty Therapy, Level 2
- Beauty Therapy with ESOL Support, NVQ Level 2
- Hairdressing with ESOL Support, Level 2
- Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools, CACHE Level 2
- Certificate in Early Years Educator, CACHE Level 2
- Certificate in Preparing for Further Study in Health and Social Care/Work, Level 2
- Certificate in Skills for Health & Social Care (evenings), Level 2
- Accountancy up to Level 2
- Payroll up to Level 2
- Legal Administration, Level 2
*In order to be eligible, you must be in receipt of certain benefits or earning below £15,736.50
If you are not in receipt of benefits and earn over £15,736.50 per year you may still quailify for financial support.
For further information, please visit our page on financial support for adults or contact 020 7700 9200
Have a question about our courses and how to enrol? Whatever your query you will find the answer here.
Advanced Learner Loans
If you are aged 19+ there is help available to fund your course. Take a look here.
Centre for Lifelong Learning
On the doorstep of Finsbury Park this Centre specialises in adult education, English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Literacy and Numeracy, IT and Teacher Training.
Why choose CANDI
Considering enroling with us this summer? Find out what makes us the right choice.
Centre for Health, Social and Child Care
This Centre on Holloway Road is a Centre of excellence for Beauty Therapy, Child Care, Hairdressing, Health and Social Care and Supported Learning.