Enrolment FAQs

What is Enrolment?

Enrolment is the process that all students go through to register onto a course. Following enrolment, you will officially become a student of City and Islington College.

During Enrolment, you will have an interview and/or assessment with teaching staff to make sure that the course you have chosen is right for you. During this process, we will also check your exam certificates and discuss which course is suitable for you. NB: If you have applied for a Performing Arts course (drama, music, dance), we will ask you to take part in an audition. For Art-related courses, you will be asked to provide a portfolio.

At the end of the enrolment process, you will be given a College ID badge and information about your College induction.

Find out how to enrol for your course here
Find out how to enrol for Higher Education courses here

What do I have to bring with me to enrol?

What if I’m unable to attend my enrolment appointment?

If you are unable to attend your enrolment appointment, please contact the Centre where your course is run. You will either be allocated an alternative appointment or advised about what to do next. Contact details will be available in your enrolment letter.

I’m on holiday on the enrolment day; can I come the day after instead?

If you do not attend on your allocated enrolment date, you risk losing your place on your chosen course(s). We strongly advise that you do not book holidays during this time. Enrolment days are usually from late August until the first week in September.

Can I change the course I originally applied for when I enrol?

Generally speaking, if you meet the entry requirements and there are places available on the course, you will be able to enrol onto an alternative course. We recommend that you attend your enrolment appointment and speak to College staff about this.

What if my GCSE or other exam results are not as good as, or better than, I was expecting?

If you do not achieve the exam results you were hoping for, still attend your enrolment appointment and we will refer you to another course. We offer a number of courses at different levels, so do not worry, there will be a course for you at the College.

If your exam results are better than you had expected, we will refer you to a suitable course depending on your grades. Please note, unfortunately we are unable to enrol you onto an A Level programme if you have not previously been offered a place.

If you have not yet applied to the College, come to an enrolment session.

Can I apply for financial support to help with my course?

Yes. There are a variety of financial support options available to help with the cost of your course or living expenses. Take a look at our financial support pages to find out more about the support available.

Also see: Advanced Learner Loans.

Who can I talk to if I need more information about enrolment?

If you require specific information about your application or enrolment appointment, please contact the Centre where your course is run. Contact details will be available in your enrolment letter. Alternatively, contact the Course Information Team on 020 7700 9200 or courseinfo@candi.ac.uk

If I have not applied to the College, or been allocated an enrolment appointment, when can I enrol?

We will be holding enrolment sessions for non-applicants late in August and September (excluding weekends). Precise dates will be listed on this website as soon as they are available. Find out more here.

I have completed my first year of A Levels at City and Islington College and I am continuing to my second year; when should I enrol?

If you have met the criteria to continue onto the second year, you will need to attend an enrolment session with your tutor. You will not need to bring anything with you as your tutor will have the information from your first year of studying with us.

Can I enrol online? How?

For the majority of courses you’ll need to enrol in person. There are a small number of courses for adults where you can enrol online. Look out for the red 'Enrol' button in the right-hand column on the course page.

Just click on the 'Enrol' button and follow the instructions.

How do I enrol for a Higher Education course?

The enrolment process is different depending on the Higher Education course you are taking. You will receive full details of how to enrol by letter or email. You can also find more details about enrolling for HE courses in our How to enrol page.

Need more help?

Call our Course Information Team on 020 7700 9200 or email courseinfo@candi.ac.uk.

How to enrol

How to enrol

We have several easy ways to enrol for a course: you can enrol online or visit a Centre. We explain the process here.

What you need to bring to enrolment

What to bring to enrolment

Be prepared for enrolment by making sure you have all the documents you'll need to enrol on your course.