Facilities Management Apprenticeship
About the framework
Facilities Management (FM) Apprenticeship involves providing a quality and cost effective maintenance and care service for a wide range of commercial and public buildings, such as hotels, hospitals, office and shopping complexes, arenas, educational or convention centres.
Facilities Managers make sure that facilities such as security, catering and cleaning (referred to as 'soft' services) and maintenance and building services (referred to as 'hard' services) run smoothly, so that customers can run their businesses efficiently.
The sector is also responsible for property and estates management, including energy management and environmental protection.
The Facilities Management Framework is available at Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2.
Typical tasks may include:
- contributing to preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors;
- assisting in investigating availability and suitability of options for new premises;
- being part of a team providing central services such as reception, security, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling;
- contributing to ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation;
- keeping staff safe
- assist in the planning, allocation and utilisation of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organising current premises;
- responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences.
For more information
Hire an apprentice
Find out the benefits of hiring an apprentice for your business.
Many of our apprentices go on to great careers, read some of their success stories here.
Contact our specialist employment team who are happy to answer any questions you have about our apprenticeships.