Web design using Wordpress - Introduction
About the course
- How to design and publish a website and online store (e-commerce) site using Wordpress CMS
- How to install Wordpress
- How to install or change a theme
- How to add e-commerce store and products
- Create custom pages and edit font size, colour and weight of paragraphs and header texts
- CSS: To edit pages , buttons, links, style, colours, fonts
- Html: To add functionality such as buttons, links and drop down menus
- Plugins for various types of functionality such as contact forms, upload of files to site by users
- Create and edit posts
- Link your site to your Facebook and Twitter accounts to share posts or new products from your site
- Create newsletters and send to site users or customers
- Basic Search Engine Optimisation, SEO
- Assign users to site and add restrictions
Students are informally assessed on their coursework through assignments and in class tasks and can achieve a City & Islington Level 2 Web Design Certificate.
Advanced Web Development which includes interacting with an SQL Database on a Web Server using PHP and SQL Programming. This course will provide students with more skills to develop a website and add custom functionality which can be essential for small medium businesses and e-commerce sites.
You can take one of our other introductory or intermediate media courses in Adobe Creative Suite, Digital Photography etc. or progress to an advanced course in this subject area
Further Information 1
There will be future enrolments on this course on 10/01/2017 and 18/04/2017
On the course I learnt about social enterprise, not-for-profit business and how to become an entrepreneur
Studied: Access to Higher Education Diploma in Business.
Now: Progressed to a business degree at City University and is now running his own business
“On the course I learnt about social enterprise, not-for-profit business and how to become an entrepreneur. I decided that I wanted to start a business not just to make money, but to help people. I had not heard of access courses before, but they are an amazing and intensive route to university for people like me who want a career change.”
Matthias has now launched his own business selling brightly patterned shirts to raise money to help train local teachers in Burma.