Public Services - BTEC Level 3 Diploma
About the course
The course will give you the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life within the Public Services.
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above including English Language and a grade D in Maths GCSE
- BTEC Level 2 qualification at merit or above in a related subject and Level 1 or above in Functional Skills English
- Experience of working with the public would be useful
- Applicants must also have good references (academic and work experience), interview and assessment.
- Your commitment and interest in the subject will also be assessed during the interview process.
You'll study a range of topics including:
- Government, policies and public services
- Leadership and teamwork in the public services and citizenship
- Citizenship and diversity
- Crime and its effects on society,
- Planning and management of major incidents.
The course includes a vocational placement and GCSE English and Maths. You will also go on trips and visits.
You will be assessed through course-work, presentations and tests throughout the course.
You will have a qualification in BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Public Services. After the course you can progress to university, or public services such as the Police Force, Army or Royal Air Force.