Public Services - BTEC Level 3 Diploma
About the course
The course will give you the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life within the Public Services.
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above including English Language and a grade D in Maths GCSE
- BTEC Level 2 qualification at merit or above in a related subject and Level 1 or above in Functional Skills English
- Experience of working with the public would be useful
- Applicants must also have good references (academic and work experience), interview and assessment.
- Your commitment and interest in the subject will also be assessed during the interview process.
You'll study a range of topics including:
- Government, policies and public services
- Leadership and teamwork in the public services and citizenship
- Citizenship and diversity
- Crime and its effects on society,
- Planning and management of major incidents.
The course includes a vocational placement and GCSE English and Maths. You will also go on trips and visits.
You will be assessed through course-work, presentations and tests throughout the course.
You will have a qualification in BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Public Services. After the course you can progress to university, or public services such as the Police Force, Army or Royal Air Force.
This course has inspired me and has given me clear direction
Studied: Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
Destination: Studying Nutrition at the University of East London
Rubena came to City and Islington College from one of the College’s partner schools, Elizabeth Garrett Anderson.
After really enjoying the psychology modules on the course, she decided she wanted to be a dietician. Achieving distinctions, she now has a place to study Nutrition at the University of East London.
She said: “I want to study Nutrition in order to be able to educate people to improve their habits. This course has inspired me and has given me clear direction.
“After I have graduated I would like to work in a job where I can go into schools and help educate young people on how they can improve their eating lifestyles.”
Centre for Health, Social and Child Care Open Day
At City and Islington College, we want every one of our students to achieve their ambition. Come to our open day to find out how we can help you achieve yours.