Music Performance and Production - UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma
About the course
Are you keen to improve as a musician? This course will provide you with a wide variety of skills and experience to build a career in the music industry and progress to higher education.
This hands-on course is both practical and theoretical, focusing on vocational projects to develop your performance, composition and production skills, as well as your understanding of the music industry and the job roles within it.
We have industry-standard rehearsal and technical facilities to help prepare you for ensemble performance and music production.
You will need:
• 4 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade A* - C
• BTEC Level 2 Diploma with Merit or Distinction, and functional skills at Level 2
• A good reference from a school, employer or sponsor
• To attend an interview and audition prior to full enrolment
For international students, equivalent overseas qualifications will be considered.
Our course has been carefully designed to give you the best experience and opportunities to develop your skills as a musician, and prepare you as a music professional.
The course reflects the diverse and exciting routes available within the music industry, giving you the opportunity to develop personally in the areas that most interest you.
The course covers a variety of modules including:
• Live Music Performance
• Composition & Songwriting
• Music Production & Technology
• Job Roles & The Music Industry
• Live Events & Stage Management
• Marketing & Promotion
• Professional Development
You will be assessed through a variety of practical projects that include
• Performing a Variety of Musical Styles at Internal & External Venues
• Producing Portfolios of Your Own Compositions
• Starting & Running Your Own Live Events Company
• Creating Marketing & Promotional Materials
• Presenting & Pitching Your Ideas
• Written Coursework
• Managing a Music Festival
• Writing for Film & TV
• Performing Using Technology
Following the course, you can progress to higher education at university or a specialist music academy. Previous students have progressed to institutions such as Liverpool University, Goldsmiths, ACM, Westminster University, ICMP and BIMM among many more.
Many students move into employment in the music industry or related industries. Previous students have performed or worked with artists and companies, including Basement Jaxx, The Streets, Estelle and Soundbwoy Ent.
This course provides a wide variety of transferable skills and experience required to start a career in the performing or production arts industry.
Select your preferred start date
How to apply
Applying for a course with us couldn't be easier, just click the 'Add to basket' button and fill out your details. Find out more here.
Centre for Business, Arts and Technology
Based on Camden Road, Holloway, this is the College’s largest centre offering a range of courses for all ages from media, to fashion to foundation degrees.