Music Performance and Production Arts - UAL Level 2 Diploma
About the course
Aged 16-18 with a passion for live performance and music production? This hands-on one-year course will give you the ideal introduction to the skills and techniques required to progress to Level 3 further education, or take your first steps as a live performer, recording artist or producer.
You will need:
• 4 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade D or above
• A good reference from a school, employer or sponsor
• To attend an interview and audition prior to full enrolment
For international students, equivalent overseas qualifications will be considered.
Our course has been carefully designed to give you the best experience and opportunities to develop your skills as a musician, and prepare as a professional for the music industry.
This is a diverse course that covers a variety of modules including:
• Live Music Performance
• Composition & Songwriting
• Music Production & Technology
• Job Roles & The Music Industry
• Live Events & Stage Management
• Marketing & Promotion
• Professional Development
You will be assessed through a variety of practical projects that include
• Performing musical styles at internal and external venues
• Producing your own musical ideas and compositions
• Running live music events
• Creating marketing materials such as posters and flyers
• Presenting your ideas
• Working with others and collaboration
• Written coursework
Students who successfully complete the course to Merit or Distinction grade can gain entry to one of the Level 3 qualifications offered at the College.
This course provides a wide variety of transferable skills and experience required to start a career in the performing or production arts industry.
All full-time courses are FREE to UK and EU residents aged 16-18 on 31 August in their first year of study.