Health and Social Care - BTEC Level 2 Diploma
About the course
This course is for school leavers who are interested in a career in health and social care.
- 4 GCSEs at grade D or above, one must be English Language.
- BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Health and Social Care or Level 1 related vocational qualification (including Entry Level 3 in Functional Skills English).
- You must show evidence of an interest in health and social care.
- You must provide references and attend an interview, where you can show your record of achievement or other examples of work.
- Some work experience in the care services would be useful.
- You will need an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check which costs approximately £50 but it is free if you will be under 19 years old.
Units include: communication and individual rights within health and social care sectors, individual needs in health and social care sectors, vocational experience in health and social care settings.
You will attend College 3/4 days a week and will attend a placement 1 day a week.
Your progress will be assessed throughout the course, using a range of methods such as assignments and presentations.
You will have a qualification in BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care and a qualification in Functional Skills for English and Mathematics at Level 1.