Health and Social Care - BTEC Level 2 Diploma
About the course
This course is for school leavers who are interested in a career in health
and social care.
- 4 GCSEs at grade D or above, one must be English Language.
- BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Health and Social Care or Level 1 related vocational qualification (including Entry Level 3 in Functional Skills English).
- You must show evidence of an interest in health and social care.
- You must provide references and attend an interview, where you can show your record of achievement or other examples of work.
- Some work experience in the care services would be useful.
- You will need an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check which costs approximately £50 but it is free if you will be under 19 years old.
Units include: communication and individual rights within health and social care sectors, individual needs in health and social care sectors, vocational experience in health and social care settings.
You will attend College 3/4 days a week and will attend a placement 1 day a week.
Your progress will be assessed throughout the course, using a range of methods such as assignments and presentations.
You will have a qualification in BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care and a qualification in Functional Skills for English and Mathematics at Level 1.
I would encourage others who want to study again, but feel afraid, to do it
Studied: Diploma in Health and Social Care
Now working as a Senior Nursing Assistant at Guy’s Hospital
Ivone was working as a chef in London and caring for her husband. At the age of 49, Ivone decided that she wanted to return to education and work in the health care sector.
Last year she enrolled on a Diploma in Health and Social Care at the College’s Centre for Health, Social and Child Care. Now she is working as a Senior Nursing Assistant at Guy’s Hospital.
She said: “The decision to come back to the College was completely life changing and the best I have ever made. I had lost my confidence and did not think at my age that I would get another chance to work in the health care profession. I am so happy and I would encourage others who want to study again, but feel afraid, to do it.”
Select your preferred start date
Come to an Open Day
Thinking about studying with us? Come and meet staff and students, and see for yourself what we can offer you.
Centre for Health, Social and Child Care
This Centre on Holloway Road is a Centre of excellence for Beauty Therapy, Child Care, Hairdressing, Health and Social Care and Supported Learning.
How to apply
Applying for a course with us couldn't be easier, just click the 'Add to basket' button and fill out your details. Find out more here.