Graphic Design HNC
About the course
UCAS Code: 012W (View this course on UCAS) | UCAS Institution Code: C65
This HNC will prepare you for a career in the creative industries. You will develop the practical and technical skills necessary to begin your journey as a practitioner in Graphic Design.
- Develop the practical and technical skills employers demand
- Learn the latest techniques from skilled practitioners, with lecturers working in the creative industries
64 UCAS points from one, or a combination of the following:
- A Levels in related subjects at Grade C
- BTEC National or Extended Diploma at MPP
- BTEC Level 3 National Certificate or Diploma at MM
- Access to Higher Education Diploma (subject related) at Pass
- A portfolio of relevant work
- 4 GCSEs at Grade C or above including Maths and English
Please note, Functional Skills Maths and English at Level 2 or Key Skills Application of Number and Communication at Level 2 will be accepted in place of GCSE English and Maths.
Applicants who do not meet these entry criteria will be considered based on equivalent qualifications, previous experience, a College assessment, applicant interview and a portfolio of relevant work.
Offering a hands-on approach to learning, this qualification is highly regarded by employers, increasing your competitive edge. The course also supports progression towards a BA Hons programme in a related subject.
You will learn through practical demonstrations, workshops, one-to-one tutorials and visits to galleries and museums. You will work with Adobe Cloud software and will be taught by lecturers with experience working as Artists, Illustrators, Graphic Designers and Programmers.
You will cover:
- Digital Image Creation and Development
- Ideas Generation and Development
- Visual Communication
- Contextual and Cultural Referencing in Art & Design
- Typographic Skills
- Communication with Images
- Professional Practice in Art & Design
- Advertising Campaigns
You will be assessed through coursework, project work and written assignments.
Following this course, you can apply to further courses at UK universities or find employment in the creative industries in roles such as Graphic Designer, Web Designer, Advertising Intern and Graphic Artist.