Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping - AAT Level 2
About the course
The aim of this qualification is to develop your understanding of the bookkeeping principles to advance your career in finance. In particular how to execute the principles of double entry bookkeeping and understanding journals, control accounts and a trial balance. Study it as a standalone, or as the natural mid-point between the introductory and advanced bookkeeping qualifications.
Benefits of studying this qualification
- Specialised transferable and recognisable career-boosting skills
- Expertise to start a healthy business and become a professional bookkeeper
- Clear progression to your choice of great careers
- Industry-recognised qualification
- Flexible computer-based assessments
- Stepping stone to further studies in Bookkeeping, Computerised Accounting and the AAT Accounting Qualification
The intermediate level will suit you if:
You¿ve completed the introductory bookkeeping level and want to build on your skills You¿re already working in finance and you want an industry-recognised qualification You¿d like to work in bookkeeping with a large finance department or as an independent professional You run your own business and you¿d prefer to do your own bookkeeping
- Processing bookkeeping transactions
- Understanding double-entry bookkeeping, integrating books of prime entry and describing coding system functions
- Understanding discounts and settlement, trade and bulk discount differences
- Preparing and processing customer and supplier invoices and credit notes
- Totalling and balancing a 3-column analysed cash book
There are two assessments, both computer-based.
After successfully completing Level 2 AAT certificate in Bookkeeping you can study:
- Level 2 Award in Computerised Accounting
- Level 2 Certificate in Accounting
“Being at Plan UK has exposed me to a variety of departments which has allowed me to gain a wider understanding of what my future career could entail."
Studied: BTEC Diploma in Business Administration
While working as a HR Apprentice at Plan UK, Reece plans to use the skills he has learnt through his apprenticeship to work his way up in his next position.
“Being at Plan UK has exposed me to a variety of departments which has allowed me to gain a wider understanding of what my future career could entail. I am involved in everything from recruitment to payroll.
“The best part about getting an apprenticeship scheme is getting paid while working towards a qualification and, for me, knowing that there’s a job at the end of it. My short term goal is to get a permanent role for job security after my apprenticeship ends while utilising my skills learnt at Plan to progress in the longer term.
"My tutor at the College, Ravinder Sokhal, has been instrumental in offering support with getting a job after my contract expires.”