Business A Level
About the course
Interested in knowing how business works, how to start your own business, and common problems and solutions that arise in the world of enterprise? This in-depth two-year course will extend your knowledge and allow you to progress to study in more depth at a higher level.
- You must satisfy the general entry criteria for A Level courses, which are based on your GCSE results.
- Grade 5 or above in GCSE English Language
- Grade 4 or above in GCSE Maths
- In addition, you must achieve at least a grade B in one other written subject eg History, Geography, Humanities, English Literature, Business, Religious Studies full course.
- Because of the mathematical content of the course we would prefer you to have achieved a grade B or above in Maths.
- Equivalent overseas qualifications will be considered.
- IELTS 5.5 (with a minimum of 5.0 in each skill) or equivalent.
This course teaches you how to consider issues and problems arising in businesses, from a variety of different perspectives. The aspects you will study include the challenges involved in starting a business, how firms organise the production of goods and services, how businesses engage in financial planning and decision-making and the ways in which firms market their products, influence sales and compete effectively.
20 per cent of the content is Maths-based and you will be assessed by exams at the end of the second year.
Taken as one of three A Levels, this course will allow you to progress to university or other Higher Level education. Taken with Maths, it will allow you to specialise in business either at a Higher Level or in work.
You get to work independently
Subjects: A Levels in Business Studies, Religious Studies and History
Destination: Queen Mary University to study Law
She said: "I am so grateful to everyone who helped me.
"I would definitely recommend the College. You get to work independently and the staff are always really helpful and professional.”
Select your preferred start date
How to apply for a course
Applying for a course with us couldn't be easier, just click the 'Add to basket' button and fill out your details. Find out more here.
A Level entry requirements
Our Sixth Form College has a 25 year track record of delivering success. Over 30 A Levels are on offer from Physics to History of Art.
Sixth Form College
Based in vibrant Angel, the Sixth Form College has a 25 year track record of delivering success. There are over 30 A Levels on offer from Dance to History of Art to Science.