Business A Level
About the course
Interested in knowing how business works, how to start your own business, and common problems and solutions that arise in the world of enterprise? This in-depth two-year course will extend your knowledge and allow you to progress to study in more depth at a higher level.
- You must satisfy the general entry criteria for A Level courses, which are based on your GCSE results.
- Grade 5 or above in GCSE English Language
- Grade 4 or above in GCSE Maths
- In addition, you must achieve at least a grade B in one other written subject eg History, Geography, Humanities, English Literature, Business, Religious Studies full course.
- Because of the mathematical content of the course we would prefer you to have achieved a grade B or above in Maths.
- Equivalent overseas qualifications will be considered.
- IELTS 5.5 (with a minimum of 5.0 in each skill) or equivalent.
This course teaches you how to consider issues and problems arising in businesses, from a variety of different perspectives. The aspects you will study include the challenges involved in starting a business, how firms organise the production of goods and services, how businesses engage in financial planning and decision-making and the ways in which firms market their products, influence sales and compete effectively.
20 per cent of the content is Maths-based and you will be assessed by exams at the end of the second year.
Taken as one of three A Levels, this course will allow you to progress to university or other Higher Level education. Taken with Maths, it will allow you to specialise in business either at a Higher Level or in work.
You get to work independently
Subjects: A Levels in Business Studies, Religious Studies and History
Destination: Queen Mary University to study Law
She said: "I am so grateful to everyone who helped me.
"I would definitely recommend the College. You get to work independently and the staff are always really helpful and professional.”
How to apply for a course
Applying for a course with us couldn't be easier, just click the 'Add to basket' button and fill out your details. Find out more here.
A Level entry requirements
Our Sixth Form College has a 25 year track record of delivering success. Over 30 A Levels are on offer from Physics to History of Art.
Sixth Form College
Based in vibrant Angel, the Sixth Form College has a 25 year track record of delivering success. There are over 30 A Levels on offer from Dance to History of Art to Science.