AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping – Level 2
About the course
The aim of this qualification is to develop your understanding of the bookkeeping principles to advance your career in finance. In particular how to execute the principles of double entry bookkeeping and understanding journals, control accounts and a trial balance. Study it as a standalone, or as the natural mid-point between the introductory and advanced bookkeeping qualifications.
Benefits of studying this qualification
- Specialised transferable and recognisable career-boosting skills
- Expertise to start a healthy business and become a professional bookkeeper
- Clear progression to your choice of great careers
- Industry-recognised qualification
- Flexible computer-based assessments
- Stepping stone to further studies in Bookkeeping, Computerised Accounting and the AAT Accounting Qualification
The intermediate level will suit you if:
You¿ve completed the introductory bookkeeping level and want to build on your skills You¿re already working in finance and you want an industry-recognised qualification You¿d like to work in bookkeeping with a large finance department or as an independent professional You run your own business and you¿d prefer to do your own bookkeeping
- Processing bookkeeping transactions
- Understanding double-entry bookkeeping, integrating books of prime entry and describing coding system functions
- Understanding discounts and settlement, trade and bulk discount differences
- Preparing and processing customer and supplier invoices and credit notes
- Totalling and balancing a 3-column analysed cash book
There are two assessments, both computer-based.
After successfully completing Level 2 AAT certificate in Bookkeeping you can study:
- Level 2 Award in Computerised Accounting
- Level 2 Certificate in Accounting
Select your preferred start date
All full-time courses are FREE to UK and EU residents aged 16-18 on 31 August in their first year of study.
If you are aged 19+ and looking to study a Level 3 or above course, you may be eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan to cover your course fees.