Accounting & Finance – Professional Services – Level 3 Study Programme
About the course
Have you achieved your A-C GCSEs, are aged 16-18 and interested in a career within professional services in areas such as accounting, finance and banking?
This intensive one-year course will give you a chance to develop your accounting and financial skills to prepare and enable you to develop practical skills that you will be using in your future workplace.
- You will need 3 GCSEs at grade C or above, two of which must be in English Language and Maths.
- Attend a formal assessment prior to enrolment - which will test your knowledge of Maths and logical thinking.
- You will need to demonstrate your interest in the subject.
- Completion of a Level 2 Accounting or Financial qualification will be a strong advantage.
- Experience working with the public in any capacity will be a strong advantage.
There are three main qualifications that you will be working toward on this course:
- Advanced Level 3 Diploma in Accounting (Accredited by AAT
- Certificate in Financial Studies Level 3 (Accredited by IFS)
- Award in Accounting Skills to Run your Business (Accredited by AAT)
These qualifications, accredited by the Association of Accounting Technicians and the Institute of Financial Services, will enable you to develop a strong understanding of the professional services sector.
There will be a compulsory work placement element to gain experience and gain successful completion of this qualification. You will be expected to participate in the college¿s enrichment program.
All the involved qualifications end in external exams, The methods of teaching are supported by ongoing formative feedback, which will enable you to achieve full certification.
Learners completing this course can progress directly into employment, into further learning at Higher Education level or into level 4 apprenticeships.