How to apply
You can apply online for the majority of courses including 16-18, Adult Education courses and Apprenticeships at City and Islington, unless you are an International student or you are applying for a Higher Education course or English and Maths course for adults.
Apply for 16-18 courses, adult education and apprenticeships
Follow the 5 steps below for 16-18 courses, Adult Education courses and Apprenticeships:
- Find your course using the online course search
- Click on 'Add to basket' next to the course you’ve selected. If there is no 'Add to basket' button, please click to 'Register your interest' and we'll get back to you.
- Click on 'Go to basket' once you have made your selections. You'll see a summary of all the courses you’ve selected, and can add and remove courses here.
- Click on 'Register and apply' once you’re happy with your selection. You'll be asked for your email address and a password. Make sure you give an email address you use regularly.
- Fill in the form and submit the application. You'll be given the chance to review the information you’ve provided, and when you're happy with everything, click 'Submit'. The College will be in touch shortly afterwards.
Don't have time to complete your application in one go? Just click 'Save' and 'Log off' at any point, then log back in when you’re ready to carry on.
Additional information for 16-18-year-olds’ applications
It's your responsibility to make sure your school provides a reference for you. When you apply online we will ask for your school and/or referee details. Your referee must provide the reference within two weeks of you submitting your application.
A Level applicants only
Places at our Sixth Form College are in high demand and we encourage you to apply in November/December.
It's unlikely you'll be offered an interview if your application is received later than 31 January.
If you've completed year 12 at another college and want to find out about continuing to year 13, please download, complete and send a paper application.
If you need more help with your online application, contact us on 020 7700 9200 or OnlineApps@candi.ac.uk.
If you'd prefer to complete a paper application, just print out, fill in and return one of the forms below.
The return address is given at the bottom of the form.
Application form 2018-19 [PDF]
For Higher Education courses: UCAS applications
For Higher Education courses you need to submit your application via UCAS. You'll need the UCAS course code, which is on the relevant course page of our website along with a link to the right UCAS webpage.
Courses awarded by our partner universities (City University London and London Metropolitan University) are listed on UCAS under the partner university.
Applications received before 6pm on 30 June 2018 will be considered but only if course places are still available.
Applications received after 6pm on 30 June 2018 will be entered into Clearing.
To apply through Clearing, call the relevant Clearing contact number shown here. Depending on your chosen course, you will speak to the College admissions team or the relevant partner university - City University London or London Metropolitan University.
If you've any questions about the UCAS application process, take a look at our Higher Education FAQs.
Key Dates for UCAS
- 15 January: first deadline for applications
- 24 March: deadline for some art and design courses.
- 30 June: final deadline for applications. All UCAS applications must be received by 6pm on this date to be considered but only if course places are still available. Applications received after 6pm on 30 June 2018 will be entered into Clearing.
For ESOL, English and Maths courses for adults
You may need to take a short test so that we can assess your level and enrol you on the best course for you. Just book an assessment at one of our Centres, or drop in during opening hours (see below).
For ESOL courses, you'll need to bring your passport with you to book your assessment.
Finsbury Park Centre - for all courses including ESOL
Centre for Lifelong Learning
28-42 Blackstock Road, Finsbury Park, N4 2DG - how to find us
- Monday to Thursday 9am-7pm
- Friday 9am-3pm
Camden Road Centre - for ESOL courses only
Centre for Business, Arts and Technology
444 Camden Road, N7 0SP - how to find us
From the August 2018, you can visit between the opening times found here
From the September 2018, you can make an appointment for an assessment by visiting us between these times:
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8.30am-5pm
- Wednesday and Friday 8.30am-3.30pm
For the Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA)
Contact Theresia Julien on Theresia.Julien@candi.ac.uk or 020 7704 7204.
Progression for City and Islington College Students
FOR CURRENT CANDI STUDENTS ONLY: WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ACCPETING ONLINE PROGRESSION APPLICATIONS. PLEASE REFER TO THIS PAGE FOR UPDATES SOON.
ALTERNATIVELY, PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND COMPLETE THIS PROGRESSING STUDENT APPLICATION FORM AND SUBMIT IT TO THE GENERAL OFFICE OF THE CENTRE WHERE YOU ARE CURRENTLY STUDYING.
Progression applications deadline 25th April 2018.