Search and Governance Committee
The role of the Search and Governance Committee is:
The committee shall consist of the Principal and 4 other members of the Corporation (not including staff or student members). The chair shall be elected on a biennial basis. The Principal cannot be elected as chair.
The Clerk to the Corporation shall be in attendance and be responsible for:
- advising the committee on matters in relation to the Instruments and Articles of Government and other associated regulations;
- taking the minutes of the meetings.
The committee shall meet termly or as required.
The quorum for meetings of the committee shall be 3 members of the committee.
Outcomes of the committee meetings will be reported to the next scheduled meeting of the Corporation.
3. Access to Meetings
The public shall not be admitted to the meetings.
4. The Role of the Committee
The role of the committee is as follows:
- To consider and make recommendations to the Corporation on matters of governance;
- To consider and advise the Corporation on the composition and balance of the Corporation;
- To be responsible for nominating and determining the process for selecting candidates to be recommended for appointment to the Corporation and Committees;
- To monitor and advise the Corporation on its operational effectiveness;
- To develop and recommend to the Corporation policies and procedures for:
- The induction of Corporation members
- The appraisal of Corporation members
- The training of Corporation members
5. Financial limitations
The committee has no delegated financial powers.
Join Our Board
Have you got what it takes to shape exceptional teaching and learning?
The WKCIC Group was formed on 1st August 2016 through the merger of Westminster Kingsway and City and Islington Colleges. Our aim, with the
help of our training arm, is to provide exceptional further education to meet the needs of London’s young people, adults and employers. Find out more here.